Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday Morning Moans & Groans

I find that writing early in the day is the best time for me. Two hours before the rest of my world wakes up and discovers me. I am writing a "tough love" scene at the moment and it scares me. I suppose I will just keep diving in and hoping to surface somewhere useful.

I was injured over the weekend during martial arts practice. I resisted doing the right thing, and froze, causing me to crash down heavily on my right side. Not being a lightweight did not help. Something in my neck tweaked. Had that moment of seeing stars and have not felt right since.

Taking it slow, stretching, breathing, just going about my day and hoping that the pain and tension will decline as the days progress. My testing date is looming large in the next few classes. I can't afford to miss class Wednesday, so I'll just have to suck it up.

Watching CharlieRose.com for inspiration. Alan Alda is the man.


No comments: