Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Epiphany.

I love to write. Since I do so much writing and have done for many years, it came as a surprise to learn that my best writing happens in public. I know that this is nothing new for many, but I was raised with the concept of the cloistered writer, rising every morning with the sun (Asimov, King, etc.). Banging away in solitude. Treating it with a fully Lutheran midwest work ethic.

My favorite spot is close to coffee, always indoors (until they dramatically improve screen contrast) and in the company of mildly noisy, ocassionally nosy neighbors. I like to be interrupted and the background of life is a nice stress reliever.

On the flip side I like to design while watching movies that I have seen more than 10 times. Dirty Dozen comes to mind.

Go figure.

No comments: