Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Writing Blahs

I really need to practice writing more. The first time I write anything it just sits there on the page. dead. Yuck. I am not feeling the flow. Also, maybe just not all that happy since the dreaded stomach flu last week. Disgusting.

Been dealing with lots of funky vibes lately, but I'm determined to keep my chin up. I am ignoring every thing that is telling me to lie down and feel bad. I am conquering tomorrow.

Watching the Olympics is great for fighting depression. Tales of inspiration, real world inspiration. I am not a sports fan generally, but the Olympics are an exception. I even liked watching curling the other day. Though for sheer heart attack power the bobsled is where it's at.

I read in WIRED today that world records in athletics are increasingly safe without the aid of technology (such as friction reducing sharksuits in competitive swimming). The article made the case for the end of the natural human curve of athletic record breaking. How much faster, really, can anyone go than Usain Bolt, currently clocked at 28mph! Can we go 30, 35, 40 mph! It's a good question.

Thats all for now... not much of use.

No comments: